Lapis lazuli is a deep blue gemstone that has been treasured for its beauty and spiritual significance for thousands of years. In various cultures, lapis lazuli has been associated with both spiritual and healing properties. While the healing aspects are often based on metaphysical beliefs rather than scientific evidence, many people find value in using lapis lazuli for its perceived benefits.
Here are some commonly attributed healing properties and uses of lapis lazuli:
- Spiritual Awareness and Enlightenment: Lapis lazuli is often linked to spiritual awareness and enlightenment. It is believed to stimulate the higher mind, encourage self-awareness, and promote a deeper understanding of one's spiritual nature.
- Communication and Expression: Lapis lazuli is associated with the throat chakra, making it a stone for clear communication and self-expression. It is believed to help individuals express their thoughts and feelings with honesty and clarity.
- Intuition and Inner Wisdom: Some people use lapis lazuli to enhance intuition and tap into inner wisdom. It is thought to assist in connecting with one's higher self and accessing spiritual insights.
- Emotional Healing: Lapis lazuli is believed to have calming properties, helping to alleviate stress, anxiety, and emotional imbalances. It may foster a sense of inner peace and promote emotional healing.
- Creativity and Inspiration: Lapis lazuli is associated with creativity and inspiration. It is believed to stimulate the imagination and encourage artistic expression, making it a popular choice for artists and writers.
- Pain Relief: In traditional healing practices, lapis lazuli has been used to alleviate physical pain, especially in the head and neck areas. It is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Enhances Relationships: Lapis lazuli is thought to strengthen relationships by promoting honesty, open communication, and understanding. It may help in resolving conflicts and fostering harmony in relationships.
- Protection: Some cultures believe that lapis lazuli has protective properties, shielding the wearer from negative energies and psychic attacks. It is often used as an amulet or talisman for protection.
- Thyroid Health: In alternative healing practices, lapis lazuli is sometimes associated with supporting thyroid health. It is believed to help balance the thyroid gland and improve overall energy flow.
- Meditation and Third Eye Activation: Lapis lazuli is thought to be beneficial for meditation, helping to activate the third eye chakra and facilitate spiritual insights. It may aid in exploring inner realms and expanding consciousness.
It's important to note that these claims are based on metaphysical beliefs, and there is no scientific evidence supporting the healing properties of crystals like lapis lazuli.